In today’s podcast, Jessica Schwartz, one of our Solutions Managers, discusses how a medical record review company supports medical malpractice attorneys, with an infograph.
00:15 Importance of medical record review
For attorneys to successfully develop and argue their medical malpractice case, they need to get the medical records thoroughly analyzed by a professional medical record reviewer. Medical record review is focused on finding out whether there has been any breach in standard care, any injury to the patient, and causation or link between the breach and the injury. A medical record contains the patient’s confidential healthcare information, which will be extracted and used to prepare the medical malpractice case. With the right medical record review company, medical malpractice attorneys are assured of a hassle-free, efficient process. Professional medical reviewers analyze the records and prepare a medical case summary that is easy for the attorney to understand. Starting the review process at an early stage helps identify whether other specialists have to be approached for additional review and opinion.
Check out the infographic
01:15 How a medical record review company supports medical malpractice attorneys
How a medical record review company supports medical malpractice attorneys.
The challenges involved in reviewing the medical documentation are –
- identifying which medical records are relevant to the medical malpractice claim
- making sense of complex medical terminologies, jargon, and medical abbreviations
- identifying tampering in the records and making corrections
- determining if the record set received is a complete one
- determining whether the claim is a legally valid one to prevent considerable loss of time and effort
- finding out whether the physician deviated from the expected standard of care, and this caused the injury
Thank you for listening and don’t forget to check our website.
Thank you. Have a good day!
Read our infographic on How A Medical Record Review Company Supports Medical Malpractice Attorneys [Infographic]